Saturday, November 23, 2013

Blueberries Oatmeal Muffins



These muffins are moist, tender and wholesome. They contain oats, quick cooking oats type and i would like to consider them as kind of nutritious and energy boosting muffins even though i do not know the nutrition facts about these muffins. This is our 26th bake at The Home Bakers ( THB ) and i have used blueberries instead of cranberries and melted butter instead of canola oil. Most of us agreed that these muffins are not sweet but it is really okay for me..just slab some jam on it and it will turn into some sweet muffins :)


Below is the half of the recipe that i made for 9 muffins , for full recipe and method, please refer to Kit of I-Lost in Austen, the host of this bake. To view the group baking, you can click here


I am pretty satisfied with these muffins and happy to link these to Cook Like A Star event organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My little Favourite DIY and hosted by Vivian of Vivian Pang's Kitchen with the theme OATS. Crazy about oats? Head over to Vivian's site to get some inspiration from others on what to do with oats.




Recipe
1/2 plus 1/4 cup of quick cooking oats/ old fashioned rolled oats
1 large egg
1/4 cup of light brown sugar (  add more if you prefer sweet muffins )
1/4 cup canola oil ( i used melted butter )
150ml buttermilk
1/8 cup dark molasses ( i replaced that with orange juice )
1/2 cup cake flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4tsp salt
1 cups fresh / frozen blueberries

*the taste of orange juice is hardly detectable, therefore i think you can just use honey or dark molasses as per original recipe or all buttermilk.




15 comments:

  1. Gorgeous muffins, Lena. They are great for any time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm - they look SO delicious - lovely and light and love the addition of oatmeal
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lena , delicious muffins , bought some blueberries yesterday , thnk I will bake some for tomorrow , thanks for sharing :0

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lena, so good to see these blueberry oatmeal muffins on Sunday morning! These are so perfect to have for breakfast & afternoon tea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lena, these muffins are nutritious and provide lots of dietary fiber too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These muffins look crumbly and tasty to me. Is great to have them as breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only do these muffins look and sound delicious, lena, I love that you cut the recipe. I'm usually afraid to cut recipes but since you did it for me, I may just make some Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins this afternoon!

    Thank you so much for sharing, Lena...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to have a stash of these in the freezer. I'd take one out every morning and look forward to it every day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lena,

    Remember the large milk shake that you had in Brunetti??? Judging from that, I'm surprised that your sweetness craving can accept these muffins... LOL! Or are you cheating by eating these with lots of EXTRA EXTRA jam????

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lena,
    Most of these are eaten by me! I find that the flavours improves overnight and they get a little sweeter than on the first day too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found the recipe a little dense... but I love the fact you used blueberries!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't had muffins in months :P Those blueberry muffins sure look really good !

    ReplyDelete